7 Ways To Start A Business (Without Quitting Your Day Job)
Whether you’re looking to escape the 9-to-5 grind or you just want to earn some money on the side, there are plenty of ways to turn your skills and interests into a new revenue stream. Sure, making money online sounds like a daydream. But the truth is, even though starting a business of any kind is hard work, countless people have already done it. Chances are, you can too!
Here are some simple ideas you can use to start a real business, without quitting your day job:
- Build a dropshipping empire — Source a pre-existing product from a supplier and have them take care of everything else, including packaging and fulfillment.
- Start a clothing line — If you own a Shopify store, you can set up your own clothing line using plugins like Printify, Printful, and Merchify that automatically link your store to apparel printers.
- Sell your art online — Whether you’re a painter, photographer, or musician, there are plenty of ways for you to turn your latest set of masterpieces into a stable revenue stream with a beautifully designed ecommerce website.
- Become a freelance writer, designer, or developer — Put your talents to good use by helping people across the world with their projects (while making some quick money on the side, of course).
- Teach an online course — All you need to do is put together a video walkthrough explaining a subject that you’re familiar with and then host it on your own personal website!
- Flip your thrift store finds — If you love hitting up thrift stores and hunting down great deals, then opening up an online boutique to sell your secondhand treasures is a natural next step.
- Publish your own book — It doesn’t matter if it’s a science fiction novel, a marketing guide, or a children’s picture book, there are now plenty of options for successfully self-publishing your own work.
Read on for more information on how to start and scale these 7 online business ideas.